Sunday, March 2, 2014

Walkie-talkie...

It's good to have some communication while riding. At least every member of the convoy can know what's going on plus, you won't get bored when you have somebody to chat with. Was discussing with some friends about getting walkie-talkies for rides instead of using the normal bluetooth set for helmets.



The bluetooth set is quite pricey, of course there are some brands which you can get them from as low as MYR350. These are the types that are universal to most helmets brands and design. Some brands like Shuberth are sold at above MYR1000. Yes, they are still affordable but sometimes you just want value-for-money kinda deal.

With the bluetooth set, you can link it up to your mobile phone, listen to music stored in your mobile phone, and intercom with fellow bikers while riding and can go up to 5km range.

Now, the intercom part is what I'm contemplating with. You can only intercom with people who are using the same brand as you are and depends on which brand you are using, you can only intercom with 2-4 people at any one time (I stand to be corrected). For phone capabilities and listening to music, I think this functions up to a certain limit and pending on how noisy your helmet can be. With my HJC RPHA 10, after 150km/h you can barely hear anything. Of course, its definitely not a good idea to be on the phone while traveling at anything above 120km/h.

As for a walkie-talkie, obviously they don't have the phone and music capabilities.  If you are like me, I don't think they matter to you. Yes, walkie-talkies can only be link to the same brands BUT they can be link up to as many users there is and the range is somewhat similar to a bluetooth set, 3-5km. And you can get them from as low as MYR450 per pair.

So I'd say...I'm going to give walkies a shot. If you think otherwise or alike, leave a comment below. Let me know what you think about this. 

Ciao!

3 comments:

  1. I really like your content it is really very inspiring for I guess I have selected a mind blowing and interesting blog.suppercaubinhhp01

    ReplyDelete
  2. Very Nice Post. I am very happy to see this post. Such a wonderful information to share with us. I would like to share with my friends. For more information visit here El Paso Walkie Talkie and Two way Radio Sales and Rentals

    ReplyDelete
  3. Very Nice Post. I am very happy to see this post. Such a wonderful information to share with us. I would like to share with my friends. For more information visit here New York Walkie Talkie and Two way Radio Sales and Rentals

    ReplyDelete